The Administration is indicating it plans to help the Rebels in Syria in some expended way beyond humanitarian aid. It has determined the Syrian Government has used chemical weapons killing about 200 rebels and families. The Administration has indicated there are no plans for a “no fly zone’. Let us look at some facts:
· Is there a strategic reason to enter this war? I cannot think of one.
· Is it in the US interests to become involved? Cannot think of a reason.
· Is there an economic reason for getting involved? Cannot think of one
· Is there a political reason to get involved? Aside from not allowing a Russian ally to stay in power, I cannot think of one.
· Is it is for humanitarian reasons as the loss of life from Chemical Weapons as the Administration says? If so, why when over 90,000 men women and children were killed in the war prior to the chemical attacks, did we stay out of militarily?
· It has been proven at a good part of the Rebels (admittedly not all), have direct ties to Al- Qaeda. Do we really want to arm them with surface weapons to take down airplanes? There is no way the Rebels can protect them and before long they could be used against planes at Western airports
· Speaking of humanitarian concerns, if the Rebels take control and set up an Islamic State who will protect the Christians and other people living in Syria. Many minorities are being persecuted in other Islamic states.
· If the Arabic Nations in the area are so concerned why not commit the squadrons of F-15’s the Turks and the Saudis have to enforce a no fly zone?
Do we really want to commit American Treasure (our military) into a protracted war with an Administration that runs from military actions and ties the hands of our fighting forces in combat?
Increase our involvement in Syria???