So let me understand……….
The Public is being subjected to delays at airports because of Sequester. The Administration claims it had no other choice. Let us look at the facts:
- Sequester is about $50 Billion of a $3.5 trillion spending plan
- The FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) has to cut $600 Million.
- They chose to furlough air traffic controllers effecting travel time
- The President refused the authority to change the places the cuts would be made.
The fact is they could have cut
- Some or all of the $500 million they use for consultants annually in the Transportation Department
- All of the $474 million they just allocated out as grants for stimulus type projects in cities under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. These are road and community type projects.
- Closes the empty accounts the government pays bank fees annually to keep open. There are over 13,100 government accounts with a zero balance that has a monthly maintenance charge. This is an annual savings of $890,000.00
Are these flight delays unavoidable? Or designed to make the Public upset and demand more government spending? Is there no other place to cut the money?
Site on zero balance accounts