President Obama has been traveling the Nation asking people to contact Congress to Pass his Jobs Bill. He claims it contains items that both Democrats and Republicans have supported in the past. In addition, he claims the Bill is fully paid for and would not add a dime to the deficit. Let us look at the facts:
- Tax breaks for hiring the unemployed are based on the length of time a person is unemployed. What difference does it make if a business hires someone that is unemployed for 2 years or 2 months?
- Page 129 of the 135 page bill, sets up a new class of people that can file for discrimination. According to the bill, if an unemployed person feels he was not hired because he is unemployed he has the right to sue for discrimination. This act will further reduce a business’ desire to interview and hire new employees. They now must fear if they do not hire someone they might be come involved in a costly discrimination lawsuit that even if you win, will still brand you in the public eye.
- The Bill goes after small independent oil and gas producers. It appears it will regulate them and tax them out of existence by taking away specific deductions. This does not apply to Big Oil.
- Much of the money will again go to States to keep unionized teachers and other unionized state workers on the job. This part will not create any new jobs, just reward the Unions for their continued support
- This Bill also creates new agency that will monitor and supervise Broadband usage. What does this have to do with jobs?
- Obama claims the Bill is fully paid for. The fact is the 1st plan for payment is to force the Committee of 12 to find $1.95 Trillon in cuts rather than the $1.5 trillion it was originally tasked to do.
- In the event, the Committee fails to make the necessary cuts, he has proposed over $400 billion in new taxes, NOT CUTS. He claims the taxes would be on Millionaires and Billionaires.
- However, the closing of loopholes and other taxes start on people earning as a couple $250,000 and as an Individual $200,000. Last time I checked people in this tax bracket were not Millionaires and Billionaires.
- In fact, for a person who supports marriage, the President will allow a married person filing separately to pay the new taxes on income over $125,000. While a divorced person can earn $200,000 before the new proposed taxes take effect.
This is more of the same that did not work the first time. In fact, Democrats are afraid to call it what it really is, a new Stimulus Plan!!!
I urge Congress NOT TO PASS THIS BILL !!!!!!
2012 is coming!!!