There is a great deal of talk about how good it will be to cut up to $4 trillion ( they are talking $3 Trillion) from our debt over 10 years. There are facts nobody is telling you. Let us assume the cuts will be applied evenly over four years. ( and they won’t they are scheduled to be heavily back loaded). The facts are:
- That averages $400 billion dollars a year off spending
- We are currently over spending by $1.65 trillion a year.
- That means we will continue to overspend by about $1.25 trillion dollars annually
- The debt will continue to rise and debt ceiling will continue to have to be raised. Are you aware the Government does not do a Zero Based Budget development?
The Government does not do an annual Zero Based Budget Analysis. Instead they simply add an average of 7 1/2% to each Department for the next year. Think of it, Deficit spending will automatically increase by 7 1/2 %% annually. In fact if a department does not spend it all, they get credit for cutting their budget. Now you understand the need for a Department to use all it’s allotted money. They will get an increase next year.
How do we fix this?
- Force each Federal Agency to justify the expenditures for a year. That includes personnel and supplies. That way you can identify waste
- Freeze the Budget for 5-8 years. Notice we are not cutting them but we are forcing them to live within their means. Eventually as money becomes tight, they will get rid of marginal personal and expenditures.
- Establish an independent Board to review any special requests for additional funds that are due to unexpected changes in mission.
- Force a Balanced Budget Constitutional Amendment through Congress for the States to pass. Have it take effect after the freeze.
- Make the necessary changes to Social Security by slowly raising the age to 70
- Eliminate Obama Care ( a major cost in future deficits) Replace with common sense laws to help the uninsured. This would also help control the rise in Medicare costs.
- Pass a new tax code that eliminates all deductions. This would increase revenue and still lower the rate people pay. Also every one pays something. If the lowest rate is 3% that means everyone has some reason to watch government spending. Other rates could rise from 3 to a maximum of 17%
- Eliminate Departments or Programs that do not work or are duplicates of other programs.
- Pass a Constitutional Amendment that puts term limits on Congress. Senators no more than 2 terms, Congressmen. no more than 3 terms.
- This would help in making sure people vote on what is good for the Nation , not what is good for their re-election.
2012 is coming!!!!!!