Thanks to John Sams for tipping off to this Article
Byron York wrote an article on July 11th in the Washington Examiner that reported on the false statements then Candidate Obama made about his Mother’s Fight with the Insurance Companies for coverage. Remember the statements:
- “I remember in the last month of her life, she wasn’t thinking about how to get well, she wasn’t thinking about coming to terms with her own mortality, she was thinking about whether or not insurance was going to cover the medical bills and whether our family would be bankrupt as a consequence,” Obama said in September 2007.
- “She was in her hospital room looking at insurance forms because the insurance company said that maybe she had a pre-existing condition and maybe they wouldn’t have to reimburse her for her medical bills,” Obama added in January 2008.
- “The insurance companies were saying, ‘Maybe there’s a pre-existing condition and we don’t have to pay your medical bills,’ ” Obama said in a debate with Republican opponent Sen. John McCain in October 2008.
Janny Scott, a New York Times reporter and a Obama family supporter, wrote the book after reviewing the Presidents mother’s personal records and letters. The facts are:
- In 1994 she took a job working in Indonesia for an American Company. the provided her with Health Insurance.
- In late 1994 she became ill and was treated for appendicitis. Her Boss offered to pay her airfare to the US for the surgery but she declined and used her medical benefits in Indonesia.
- In January 1995 she returned to Honolulu and was correctly diagnosed with Cancer.
- The author found she in fact had medical insurance and bills were paid directly to the hospitals and doctors as appropriate. She had to cover her deductible and whatever unpaid expenses she had. they totaled several hundred dollars monthly.
- In fact records show she was arguing for the insurance company, CIGNA, to pay her deductible and other living expenses under her employers disability insurance. In fact it was her request for disability payments that was denied, not her medical bills.
- That disability request was denied in August 1995, on the basis that it was known before the policy was in effect. She countered by threatening CIGNA with a lawsuit from her lawyer son, Barrack Obama.
- In September 1995 she came to Sloan – Kettering for evaluation and returned to Hawaii for the treatment plan implementation. All this was paid for by insurance.
- She died in November 1995.
The point is, her medical bills were paid for except the policy deductible. her disability was denied. Sounds to me like he has stretched the truth just a little.Yet he claimed this was a real example why we needed to reform health care. He should have been vetted by the Press in the 2008 Campaign. Notice the truth is just beginning to surface. How much of this information will ever see the light of day on Mainstream Media Programs. You decide!!
2012 is coming!!!