At his Press Conference, President Obama chastised the Congress for not being there and taking recesses during the debt crisis. He commented ” He was always there”. It is true Congress takes frequent and often unearned breaks for weeks at a time. During this crisis time what is the Presidents record?
- He has made at least 17 golf games and at least 1 of them was with Congressional Leaders
- He has made 33 trips nationally to raise funds for his and other Democratic campaigns
- He has made numerous trips and speeches nationwide defending his programs and touting successful “Green job creation”
- He has made international trips
- On the Day the Senate Voted to cancel their Recess for the 4th, Minority Leader Mc Connell invites the President to visit and to talk Debt Ceiling. The President is unavailable. He is in Pennsylvania at a fund-raiser for his re-election.
- He forgot to metion his planned 2 week vacation to Martha’s Vineyard
So exactly who was there minding the ship and taking care of the people’s business? It was not him or Congress!! The answer to who is available to work on issues is easy. None of them!!! They all need to go!!!
2012 is coming!!!!!!