Although I support the main thrust of the Ryan Budget, I am sure many of you, like me, did not realize the proposed Ryan Budget does not balance the Federal Budget for 26 years. At The NC GOP Convention, an alternative plan that builds on the Ryan Budget was explained by Congresswoman Renee Ellmers (R-NC) and a Congressman Mick Mulvaney from South Carolina.
This plan took the Ryan Budget and made 1 significant change in eligibility for Social Security.
- If you were sixty and over – there would be no change in eligibility.
- If you were 59, you would add 2 months to the date you were eligible
- If you were 58 you would add 3 months to the date you were eligible
- If you were 57, you would add 4 months to the date you were eligible
- This would continue down the line adding one month eligibility until the eligible age to begin Social Security is 70 years. That person is in single digits today.
- By doing this you accomplish the financial security of Social Security and more importantly, it balances the Federal Budget in 8 years.
Works for me! If our elected officials will not implement this plan, then they have to go !!!!
2012 is coming!!!!