It is time to make common sense decisions on Health Care. Let me suggest a series of laws that might be the solution to a problem the Congress cannot solve.
- Repeal the current health care law
- Pass a law that would extend coverage for children up to 26 years old
- Pass a law that would not allow Insurance companies to drop people or refuse insurance to people with pre-existing conditions. The bill would be pro rated.
- Pass a law that allows people to purchase Insurance across state lines.
- Allow Insurance Companies to offer policies that meet the needs of the policy holder rather than 1 size fits all. For example:
- Older couples and singles may not want policies that contain maternity benefits. Elimination could reduce the cost of the policy.
- Young people might only need a policy that offers catastrophic insurance. That policy would be cheaper than full coverage.
- Expand the program through schools that offer affordable insurance for children.
- People without insurance and use the hospital would have any federal and state refunds taken and applied to the debt.
Simple laws that would make a difference. In addition, these changes would allow people choices and not force people into a one payer system.
2012 is coming!!!!