The Democrats have controlled Raleigh too long. They have passed bad laws or ignored good laws too often. After the Republicans win November, they must address the following issues as soon as possible.
- The annexation law allows cities to take unincorporated areas under their control for the sole reason to add to their tax base.They often offer little or no additional services to the annexed people. They also do not listen to the residents being annexed. The law must be fixed so the people have some say in the matter. In addition, the incorporating city must have to prove there is a benefit to both the city and the annexed people other than padding their tax rolls.
- The North Carolina Constitution must be amended to require elected officials to live in the area they represent prior to and after the election. Carpetbagging was wrong 150 years ago and is wrong today
- The Lottery Funds must be put in a tamper proof locked box that will not allow elected officials to raid it to balance the budget
- Loop holes in the law that allow the Legislature to increase the debt without the approval of the voters need to be closed. Again follow the NC Constitution
- Stop taxing every thing possible for additional revenue. These nuisance taxes force businesses, jobs and consumers to go out-of-state to save money. Live within a budget like every other family in NC must.
- Address the voting system to ensure that everyone can vote that should, but require them to have a valid ID to try to limit illegal voting and to eliminate the ” Vote Early and Often” syndrome that has developed under Democratic Control
If the Republicans can Honor this “Compact for Carolina” they will have done the will of the people and should remain in power for a long time. Remember
November is coming……….