Combine the inability or unwillingness of the United States Government to address the Immigration issue, along with the support of the Mexican Government to have most of their citizens live in the United States. Together they indicate that the solution to the issue may need to be a radical one. Consider for a minute the following:
The United States sends the military stationed near the Mexican Border into Mexico to annex the country. We have sufficient forces in the area to accomplish this task. Along the way, our military engages the Drug Cartels and defeats and eliminates them. We then allow Mexico to be a Commonwealth similar to Puerto Rico. The Billions of dollars being sent to Mexico annually by illegal immigrants would now stay under US control. Please consider the following results:
- Mexican Drug Cartels eliminated
- Illegal Immigration now a non issue since they are now all US Citizens
- The corrupt Mexican Government would be replaced by officials that would help the Mexican people
- The Billions sent there by Mexican Americans could now be combined with the profits from the Mexican Oil Industry and used to raise the standard of living of the people in Mexico. This would include education, housing, jobs and basic health care.
- Illegal Immigration Advocates would support this as it gives all Mexicans the right to stay where they are and earn a living.
- Those Mexican Americans that choose to live in the 48 States of the US would be paying taxes and have all the rights of US citizens. (remember a commonwealth pays no federal tax)
- We would gain control of the Mexican oil fields and we could ensure they are drilling as safely as possible for both the workers and the environment
Based on the inability of the Federal Government to address this issue, this far out solution may be the only one that would work.